Argentina’s Lionel Messi has been prohibited from global obligation for a quarter of a year and fined $50,000 subsequent to leveling allegations of “debasement” at South American soccer boss during the Copa America.
Messi was sent off against in the Copa America third-place play-off and a short time later claimed that the competition had been fixed for hosts Brazil, who beat Argentina in a disputable semi-last on their way to the title.
The Argentina chief called the South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL) “degenerate” and did not go to the service to get his decoration. He was given a one-coordinate boycott and a $1,500 fine for his sending off a month ago. CONMEBOL had said that the Barcelona forward’s remarks were “inadmissible”.
“The player is suspended to play official and agreeable matches with his national group in that timeframe,” the association said in an announcement on Friday.
The boycott implies Messi will miss Argentina’s forthcoming friendlies against Chile and Mexico in the United States in September and another against Germany in Dortmund on Oct. 9. He can bid against the most recent authorizes inside seven days.